Historic Plaques along the Loyalist Parkway

United Empire Loyalist Heritage Centre & Park

KM
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

GPS:
44.0618725
,
-77.0068922

The park is the site of the original landing of the first group of United Empire Loyalists, under Major Peter Van Alstine, which took place on June 16, 1784.

Plaque Text

United Empire Loyalist Heritage Centre & Park

Additional History

Historic Sites along the Loyalist Parkway

United Empire Loyalist Heritage Centre & Park

United Empire Loyalist Heritage Centre & Park
KM
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

GPS:
44.0618725
,
-77.0068922

The park is the site of the original landing of the first group of United Empire Loyalists, under Major Peter Van Alstine, which took place on June 16, 1784.

The UEL Heritage Centre and Park is a mixture of history, camping, and family fun, all in one location.  It is made up of 72 acres, located on the scenic shores of the Bay of Quinte, along the Loyalist Parkway (Hwy #33) in the historic village of Adolphustown.

The park is the site of the original landing of the first group of United Empire Loyalists, under Major Peter Van Alstine, which took place on June 16, 1784.  The first loyalists were settled on the grounds in tents, and spent their early days here before moving to their new homes.  The UEL Heritage Centre and Park is dedicated to the preservation of this important location, which included the first Loyalist Cemetery, established in 1784, and the oldest monument to the Loyalists in Canada, erected in 1884 for the Loyalist Centennial Celebrations.

The UEL Heritage Centre & Park is owned and operated by the Bay of Quinte Branch of the United Empire Loyalists Association of Canada.

Visit the UEL Heritage Centre & Park on Facebook.

More sites nearby

Upper Gap Archeological Site

KM
:
18

Plaque Details & Location

Robert McDowall Church and Cemetery

KM
:
22

8031 Hwy 33, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

In 1834, a frame church was built by the early Presbyterian families. In 1887 the church was renovated, the tower was added on the front rising 60 feet.

Plaque Details & Location

Old Hay Bay Church

KM
:
34

2368 S Shore Rd, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

Old Hay Bay Church is the oldest surviving Methodist building in Canada. It was erected in 1792 by settlers, including United Empire Loyalists, who had recently arrived and established the community of Adolphustown.

Plaque Details & Location

United Empire Loyalist Burial Ground

KM
:
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

Situated in UEL Heritage Centre and Park, Adolphustown, Ontario, the UEL Burying Ground is known as the first Loyalist cemetery.

Plaque Details & Location

Old Adolphustown Township Hall

KM
:
35

10469 Hwy 33, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

The Old Adolphustown Township Hall, located on Loyalist Parkway at Adolphustown, at the entrance to the park, is the site of the first town meeting in Upper Canada and the Midland District Courthouse (1792).

Plaque Details & Location

St. Alban the Martyr Church

KM
:
35

10419 Loyalist Pkwy, Adolphustown, ON K0K 1X0

St. Alban the Martyr Church was erected in 1884 as a memorial to the United Empire Loyalists.

Plaque Details & Location