Route
Landmark
Plaque
Please note: Route information is shown from east to west. Kilometer marker numbers start from 0 at the Eastern Gates in Amherstview.
KM
15

South Fredericksburg

South Fredericksburg

GPS:
44.151078
,
-76.836172
Visit website
Visit Website

As it follows close to the shore, the Parkway offers frequent views of Lake Ontario and active farms.

Orchards in bloom are spectacular in May and June and are famous for pick-your-own in the fall.

Up to Map
KM
18

Upper Gap Archeological Site

Upper Gap Archeological Site

GPS:
44.1482068
,
-76.839442
Visit website
Visit Website

East of the Lennox Power Generating Plant, the Parkway has been curved around the site of a native longhouse and burial ground dating back to about 800 A.D. The site was important because it viewed the gap between the islands offshore. This park will be left in a natural state. There is no water access or tourist accommodation.

Plaques in Iroquois, English and French
Up to Map
KM
22

Sandhurst

Sandhurst

GPS:
44.1284477
,
-76.8898184
Visit website
Visit Website

At Sandhurst see St. Paul’s Anglican Church and the historic plaque for Major James Rogers. Opposite the church is the historic Robert McDowell Church (tower only) and cemetery.

Up to Map
KM
22

Robert McDowall Church and Cemetery

Robert McDowall Church and Cemetery

Image courtesy of David L. Smith

8031 Hwy 33, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

GPS:
44.1282092
,
-76.8866828
Visit website
Visit Website

In 1834, a frame church was built by the early Presbyterian families. In 1887 the church was renovated, the tower was added on the front rising 60 feet. The building was brick with eight new memorial windows made of cathedral glass. On September 21, 1921, the church was destroyed by fire. The tower, with its battlements was restored as a monument for the cemetery and a vault door installed in front.

Up to Map
KM
34

Head north to Hay Bay

Head north to Hay Bay

GPS:
44.066690
,
-77.000628
Visit website
Visit Website

Head north of Adolphustown on County Rd. #8. Turn right at the junction with South Shore Road to find Hay Bay with the historic Hay Bay Methodist Church.

Close by are a memorial to the first organized Meeting in Canada of the Society of Friends (Quakers), and plaques marking the boyhood home of Sir John A. Macdonald and Judge Alexander Fisher.

Up to Map