Historic Plaques along the Loyalist Parkway

UEL Burial Ground

Image courtesy of David L. Smith

KM
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

GPS:
44.0618725
,
-77.0062945

Plaque Text

UEL Burial Ground

This monument is the oldest monument dedicated to the Loyalist in all of Canada, erected in 1884 during the celebration to mark the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the Loyalists in Ontario.

The Monument and cemetery were refurbished in 1956 when the Ontario Provincial Government, under Premier Leslie Frost, established a Provincial Park here dedicated to the Loyalists.

The monument was restored during 2014 by Campbell Monument and rededicated on May 24, 2015 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the UEL Association of Ontario.



Additional History

Historic Sites along the Loyalist Parkway

UEL Burial Ground

UEL Burial Ground
KM
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

GPS:
44.0618725
,
-77.0062945

This monument is the oldest monument dedicated to the Loyalist in all of Canada, erected in 1884 during the celebration to mark the 100th anniversary of the arrival of the Loyalists in Ontario.

The Monument and cemetery were refurbished in 1956 when the Ontario Provincial Government, under Premier Leslie Frost, established a Provincial Park here dedicated to the Loyalists.

The monument was restored during 2014 by Campbell Monument and rededicated on May 24, 2015 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the UEL Association of Ontario.



More sites nearby

Upper Gap Archeological Site

KM
:
18

Plaque Details & Location

Robert McDowall Church and Cemetery

KM
:
22

8031 Hwy 33, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

In 1834, a frame church was built by the early Presbyterian families. In 1887 the church was renovated, the tower was added on the front rising 60 feet.

Plaque Details & Location

Old Hay Bay Church

KM
:
34

2368 S Shore Rd, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

Old Hay Bay Church is the oldest surviving Methodist building in Canada. It was erected in 1792 by settlers, including United Empire Loyalists, who had recently arrived and established the community of Adolphustown.

Plaque Details & Location

United Empire Loyalist Burial Ground

KM
:
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

Situated in UEL Heritage Centre and Park, Adolphustown, Ontario, the UEL Burying Ground is known as the first Loyalist cemetery.

Plaque Details & Location

Old Adolphustown Township Hall

KM
:
35

10469 Hwy 33, Napanee, ON K7R 3K7

The Old Adolphustown Township Hall, located on Loyalist Parkway at Adolphustown, at the entrance to the park, is the site of the first town meeting in Upper Canada and the Midland District Courthouse (1792).

Plaque Details & Location

St. Alban the Martyr Church

KM
:
35

10419 Loyalist Pkwy, Adolphustown, ON K0K 1X0

St. Alban the Martyr Church was erected in 1884 as a memorial to the United Empire Loyalists.

Plaque Details & Location

United Empire Loyalist Heritage Centre & Park

KM
:
35

54 Adolphustown Park Rd, Bath, ON K0H 1G0

The park is the site of the original landing of the first group of United Empire Loyalists, under Major Peter Van Alstine, which took place on June 16, 1784.

Plaque Details & Location